We are committed to giving you the best possible service. This can only be achieved by working together.
The Doctors And Staff Of The Practice Team Pledge To Work To Uphold Your Rights As Patients
- Confidentiality and courtesy will be upheld at all times.
- There should be mutual respect between patients and the practice team.
- On weekdays patients with serious or urgent problems will have the opportunity to be seen by a doctor the same day. When surgery is closed advice is available from our out-of-hours service.
- In emergencies the on-call doctor will be contacted immediately.
- We will visit patients in their own homes, within the practice area, when they are medically unfit to travel to surgery.
- Repeat prescriptions will be dispensed within two working days.
- We will provide a clean and safe clinical environment where equipment meets current safety standards.
- Our practice team will continue their education and training to keep up to date, and seek to be aware of any new advances that may help your care.
- We will listen to suggestions and constructive criticisms, and endeavour to act on these to improve delivery of care to you.
- We will deal with grievances and complaints promptly and courteously according to the practice procedure, and will keep you informed during this process.
Help Us To Help You
To Aid Us In Providing The Best Care We Can To All Of Our Patients, We Ask All Patients To Remember Their Responsibilities
- There should be courtesy and mutual respect between patients and members of the practice team.
- Please endeavour to arrive on time for your appointment. If you are late you may have to wait or be asked to re-book for another time.
- If you cannot attend your appointment or no longer need to be seen, contact the surgery to cancel with as much notice as possible.
- Please understand that in a single 15-minute appointment we can see only one patient, and can usually only deal with one problem.
- Please do not bring long-standing problems to urgent appointment slots. If you do, the doctor may have to ask you to re-book for a routine follow-up.
- Some patients may need more consultation time than has been allocated, particularly in urgent surgeries - please be understanding if this occurs and the doctor is running late.
- Evening surgery is by appointment only - if you know you have a problem that needs to be dealt with on the same day, please ring before morning surgery closes at 11.00.
- If you need to request a home visit please try to call before 11.00 so that the doctors can plan visits around booked surgeries for the day. This avoids delays for everyone.
- Please do not consume food on the surgery premises. Please turn off your mobile phone. SMOKING, ALCOHOL AND DRUGS ARE EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN.
- Please treat other patients in the surgery with the courtesy and respect you would expect to receive yourself.
Registration And Administration
All newly registered patients should provide NHS number, immunisation details (children under 6) and information about smear tests (women). Please make sure you keep us informed of your current address and contact telephone numbers including a mobile number if you have one. If mail that has been sent to you comes back returned, you will be removed from our practice list and your records sent back to the Health Authority.